ADOPTED MAY 27,1997
TITLE:The Lake Huron Technical Committee (LHTC)
maximum of two representatives from each fish management and
research agency, with legislated or mandated policy and
implementation obligations for fish management on the Great Lakes,
PURPOSE: To conduct work assignments as requested by the LHC including:
1) Providing agencies represented on the LHC with technical information, management alternatives, and guidelines useful in making fishery management decisions;
2) Reviewing proposed work assignments with the LHC and agreeing on work to be conducted;
3) Completing assignments as agreed upon and reporting back to the LHC at its annual meeting;
4) Arranging for resource persons to assist the LHTC as required;
5) Recommending to the LHC the need for the formation of a specialized task group to address a specific issue outside of the scope of the LHTC;
6) Coordinating activities with such task groups or other task groups to ensure task completion and avoid duplication;
7) Advising the LHC of additional funding or other requirements as needed;
8) Providing, at the direction of the LHC, annual and State of the Lake Reports to LHC members;
9) In consultation with the LHC, propose and develop projects pertinent to Lake Huron fisheries.
AGENCY COMMITMENTS: To ensure accomplishment of Lake Committee objectives and assignments, agencies are encouraged to commit appropriate personnel and resources as regular components of agency work plans. Additional commitment may be necessary to complete tasks related to the Strategic Plan for Management of Great Lakes Fisheries (e.g. State of the Lake Report, Environmental Objectives). Work assignments shall be distributed between members as equally as possible and in a manner consistent with their expertise.
CONSENSUS APPROACH: Issues are resolved by consensus of the members. If consensus cannot be achieved on an issue, then it will be referred to the LHC for resolution.
OF MEETINGS: As deemed necessary by the LHTC members or the
LHC, with the intent to meet bi-annually.