Adopted April, 1996
Revised March, 2004
1. The Lake Erie Committee (LEC) may create, charge, and appoint staff to committees, task groups and working groups (hereafter referred to as task groups) as it deems necessary and appropriate to perform scientific and technical functions and report thereon to the LEC.
2. The Standing Technical Committee (STC) tracks task group membership and direction, completion of charges, and quality of work for the LEC.
3. These task groups will be charged to work solely on technical matters; policy issues will not be assigned to such task groups.
4. Each LEC member may select and appoint appropriate personnel from his or her agency to any of the LEC task groups. These personnel should have expertise to address task group charges and participate in the fulfillment of task group activities such as summarizing and analyzing data, writing completion reports, and making presentations.
5. Each LEC member may nominate non-LEC-agency personnel with demonstrated scientific expertise. Consensus of the LEC is needed for acceptance as a task group member.
6. Non-LEC-agency personnel with a vested interest in technical task group responsibilities or management results will not be permitted as participants or observers; rationale for this position includes:
7. While members of the LEC, STC, and task groups from neighboring agencies share common goals of stock assessment and resource sustainability, they recognize the right of agencies to manage their respective jurisdictions independently in order to meet these fishery objectives and attain quotas.
8. Agencies providing raw data for task group use retain the ownership; it may not be released outside the Task Group without agency approval. Summary data, analysis, results and recommendations produced by the task group will be released in a public report. Other data, programs and information produced by the task group are the intellectual property of the task group and will not be released outside the task group without prior consensus approval of the task group and the LEC. Data sets presented within or produced for task group reports should be considered preliminary and should not be used or cited by any other group until these data have been released by the contributing agency.
to GLFC Home Page